"Family ties are bound by love"

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Crazy for Crochet





I have been wanting to learn how to make these cute headbands with a flower that are the latest rage. Well my good neighbor and friend Ashley taught me how, and ever since I have been on an a crocheting rampage!
For starters, I am on the committee for the Dance Line gift for the State Comp. I had the crazy idea to make them for the girls. 24 girls + 3 coaches = 27 headbands! Am I crazy? Yes! but actually it was quite fun and I found it very enjoyable.... not to mention it is a very showy and yet cheap gift. (They cost about $2.00 ea)
When I finished, I was still in a crocheting mood~ so I made a sweater for our puppy Majai,
and another kind of headband. Mckena wore it to school, and called me and asked if I would make some of her friends one and how much I would charge. I said "sure for $1.00" . Well she came home with an order of 17! (Maybe I should have charged more...jk)

The DL girls will get theirsFri morning before heading to State. I will take a picture with them wearing them. I hope they like them.



5 comments:

afacer said...

So stinkin' cute!! I wish I had been able to figure out crocheting! :)

Stonez said...

Can I order one??? PLZ??? Since I can't come hang with you and learn myself??
:)
Miss ya...haven't seen ya around on FB lady...hope all is well!

Sarah said...

I LOVE THESE!! I just spent $15 on a hat at quilted bear! So you definitely should charge more than $1 for them. The Dance line will absolutely love them! Cute gift idea! Ok, so now for the favor.....will you teach me?!! I have a quilt my Mom never finished, and I'd love to finish it. I'll take you to Park City and put you in a real nice place if you will! :) Good luck with State!

Aimee said...

Good Job! I sometimes I wish I had girls to knit and crochet for. But all the babies in our neighborhood have really cute hats, socks and sweaters!

Tiffany said...

You are so talented!! Those are amazing!! You should go into business...seriously! I want to buy one for Brinley!!