"Family ties are bound by love"

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Stamp of Approval











We did it! We finally updated our family picture thanks to the talents of Allyson Randle Photography. Here is the story:




Ally is sister-in-law to my friend Sarah. I follow Sarah's blog and she posted a contest to promote Ally's pictures since she had just moved to Utah. I decided to entered the contest, because if I won, well then we would just HAVE to get our pictures done. Needless to say I did not win the random drawing contest. But... due to the kindness of dear Ally, who not too long ago, also went through the loss of a child, called and still wanted to do our family pictures for us. How great is that?! We set up a time, and I nervously awaited the day, wondering if I could really go through with it. A family picture without our complete family was really hard for me to come to grips with. But October 22nd arrived, and there were no conflicts. Weather was great, no extreme hairstyles (thanks TJ) no huge skin blemishes, no big scheduling mishaps, (even with TJ having to work in Manilla that day). I had no reason to cancel. We arrived on site and Ally got right to work taking pics of the girls. Then suddenly there was a moment when I realized Chelsea was there with us, it was as if she was giving us a stamp of approval! It was peaceful, enjoyable, and we had a great time. It was easier than I thought, now actually framing, hanging, and replacing our old one, will be my next hurdle.




Anyway, these are some of our favs.minus the ones we will be sending on our Christmas Card, and the ones we printed. Thanks Ally~ you are fabulous :)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

They are just as awesome as can be!! Chelsea is the SUNSHINE! If you need help hanging the new pics....call me! We'll eat salad, treats and laugh and cry together! So glad this all worked out! They are great! Thanks again for my Birthday surprise! You didn't have to do that! Love ya!

Tiffany said...

I didn't realize how much I take for granted until reading this tender post....thanks for reminding me to just enjoy every member of my family in the photo--NOT how fat I look in each one--thank you, thank you, thank you. Maybe you don't have to take the other ones down...just hang these next to it!!

Cline Family said...

Wendy, they are fantastic! Your family is so photogenic!

Kristi said...

Perfect! You are such a photogenic family. :)

Ash said...

i absolutely love the pictures, they are great. She did a good job, of course it helps to have a cute family like yours to take pictures of.

afacer said...

Glad you did it - they're adorable pictures! :)