"Family ties are bound by love"

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Chelsea's Garden









What a beautiful Memorial Day. We had a family breakfast at Grandma & Grandpa's, then we all made our way to the cemetery. My youngest little niece who was born 1 month after Chelsea's accident, who is now 2 yrs old said the cutest thing. She said, "I put flowers on Chelsea's garden." My heart melted, I thought that was the cutest thing, so that is what we are calling it now, Chelsea's garden! There were many beautiful flowers, butterflies, and tokens of remembrance. It is so nice to be surrounded by so many who love her...still.
With Chelsea being the oldest grandchild, she has 19 younger cousins. It is neat to Rich and I how much they seem to know her and talk about her so often. I am grateful for that and hope they never forget her. Family is such a blessing. I feel so blessed to have married into such an amazing one :)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I love that! Chelsea's Garden! It looks beautiful! There is nothing better than being there with family to share memories and thoughts, is there? So glad it was such a beautiful day! I love the wreath idea....I'll have to steal that one! I hate buying mums.....they seem so....ordinary!

jsabbott6 said...

I got chills...the good kind when I read what you adorable niece said. Always thinking of you and your family. You are right you did marry into a Great family :)

Tiffany said...

I am so glad you posted this because I totally thought about you and your family all day on Memorial Day. Chelsea's Garden looks like such a celestial place.

afacer said...

Out of the mouths of babes come the sweetest, most comforting thoughts... they truly are so close to the other side. What a beautiful garden for a beautiful girl!